Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A House of Sickies, and some fun News

I am in the first trimester of pregnancy. This means, for me, that I am very nauseous. Every smell is amplified about 100% and everything smells disgusting... none of this mixes well with a 24 hour stomach bug.

For the past three days, our house has been in a definite sick zone. I mean, seriously, how can four people be so sick at the same time? Gross.

It all started on Monday morning. I was sleeping soundly in bed, when all of a sudden, I heard a gagging sound coming through the baby monitor. Then... a cough, and a gush of something liquid. I ran as fast as I could up to Genesis's room, and sure enough, poor baby was sitting in a pile of vomit. I cleaned her up, took her and all of her blankets downstairs... started reading her a book and she started vomiting again. Oh gross. This time, she had been sitting in my lap, so it got alllll over me. I started gagging in turn, Gen started screaming, and the morning went on like this until about noon. She woke up from her nap and was fine. She hasn't vomited since.

In the meantime, I see on facebook that everyone in our church is also getting this same stomach bug. Just fabulous. 

Ivy was great all the rest of the day, until we walked out of her room after tucking her into bed that same Monday night. Headed down the stairs, and heard Ivy scream "Mommy!!! I just puked!!!!". And lucky for me, she had just drunk a big glass of grape juice. Oh my goodness... everything was red/purple all over her bed and jammies. Poor girl spent the rest of the night throwing up about every 1/2 hour. Jake and I each spent a good amount of time "snuggling" with her in bed as per her request. She woke up at 7:30am on Tuesday totally fine and ready to eat a big bowl of oatmeal.

Jake woke up Tuesday with a sick stomach, so he called in to work. I woke up with an upset stomach, but that was most likely just my regular morning sickness kicking in the second I open my eyes. Jake spent the day running to the john and well just kind of layed on the couch, watching Dora the Explorer all day. Jake's mom brought us a big bag of movies from the library, along with some yummy popsicles and 7UP. My real sickie stomach started mid-afternoon, so my runs to the bathroom to throw up became more frequent. That lasted all night till about 4am. I have not felt that bad since.... I don't remember when.

So, today the girls are great. And Jake and I are definitely feeling better. Just in time for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I love Thanksgiving- I would have to say that it is my favorite holiday of the entire year. It's usually a little bit less stressful than Christmas (not having to be worried about having enough gifts and all the wrapping done- I'm not one for good planning or wrapping), and involves family sitting around a table full of amazing food, sharing stories of thankfulness. I love it. I am excited about tomorrow, as we are going to my husband's grandparents house. It will be our family, my in-laws, my bro in law (hopefully, because he has also been sick today with the same thing we have had), my sis in law (and new baby Phoenix who is 1 week old!), and my husbands aunt and uncle and their two boys. It will be a nice gathering, and for sure there will be some yummy food. I am in charge of a jello salad and a regular salad. Speaking of which, I have to go fix the jello salad in a minute... I will leave you with that recipe.

But, before I do that, I want to go back to where I said that I am pregnant. Our due date right now is July 4th. Wouldn't that be awesome? I also really love Independence Day, so I would be thrilled if baby #3 was born on that day. However, the likelihood of that is very very small, because with planned c-sections (which I will be having), they normally take the baby a week early (but, as of right now, I don't know what my current OB's stance on this is, so we'll see?)... so we're looking more at June 28 or something. After we had Genesis, Jake and I decided we definitely wanted another one sometime. So we are so thankful that God has granted our wish again. We were on vacation in Michigan when we actually found out I was pregnant, and it was a really fun way to end the week we had spent up there together. Babies are just unbelievably amazing gifts from God and we have both loved have Ivy and Genesis. I personally adore the baby stage, where as Jake likes it when they get to the age where they can play and understand him better :) I think most guys are like that. It's wonderful to dream about the future, someday when we are old and alone, that we have children "out there" who can come home for the Holidays or drop us calls/notes if they need us. We want our home to always be full of family and the love that goes with that. We are so excited!

Cream Cheese Jello Fruit Dish

1 box flavored jello of your choice (I love to try the weird ones)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 can mandarin oranges
1/2 can crushed or chunk pineapple
1/2 tin whipped topping

Follow instructions on jello box.  Let jello firm about half way. Add softened cream cheese, fruit and whipped topping. Beat together (with electric beater), just till mixed. Put back in refrigerator, let firm up all the way. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment