Friday, December 17, 2010

Cinderella

As I type, Ivy is on her way to Iowa with two of her cousins and great aunt and uncle to see Jake's cousin, Janelle, star in the play "Cinderella". She was so excited to go, she couldn't talk about anything else all morning. Janelle has arranged it that Ivy will be picked out of the crowd (I think they are going to be sitting in the front row) to actually go up on stage and have the glass slipper tried on her foot :) I wish I were going to be there to see the look on her face when that happens. This will be a most exciting part of her year, I am sure, because she loves loves loves anything princess. While Jake and I were on vacation in October, grandpa Roger took Ivy to see Disney On Ice and she still talks about it all the time as if it were the best experience of her life. This will be another one of those things that I think she will talk about for a very long time coming.

I am babysitting my nephew, Phoenix, all afternoon. He gave his mommy quite a bad night last night and she needed a little break, so she called this morning to see if I could watch him for a while. He has been here for about 30 minutes and has been asleep the whole time. He's such a cute little peanut, I can't wait till he wakes up so I can hold him.

Jake and I have our small group Christmas party to go tonight. I am supposed to bring a cookie platter and an appetizer and then we're also having a white elephant gift exchange. Not sure what we are taking for the appetizer or the gifts yet. Hopefully that will come to me sometime this afternoon.

Can I just talk for minute about my unbelievable craving for turkey sandwiches (bread, mayo, dill pickles, lettuce, tomatoes) lately? I had one for lunch yesterday, one for a midnight snack last night, one for breakfast, and two for lunch! And I am now thinking about having one for my mid-afternoon snack. I don't know if it's because I am actually craving the turkey sandwich in particular, or if it's because I don't really have anything else in the refrigerator to eat... and I don't feel like cooking. I think that's it.

Going to go try to find something else to eat... I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment